Absolute Bikes Adventures provides guide, shuttle vehicle, emergency communication equipment, first aid kits, pump, tool kit and extra tubes and patches for rental bikes.
It’s the Rockies and weather can change in an instant- Be Prepared!
- Personal helmet- A rental helmet can be provided
- Hydration system- Ability to carry 2 liters, layers, and snack/lunch
- Riding shoes- If you don’t have riding shoes then stiff soled hiking shoes
- Bike shorts- Not required but will make the longer rides more comfortable
- Jersey or synthetic or merino wool shirt
- Insulating layer- Fleece, long sleeved synthetic or merino wool shirt
- Rain jacket- No matter what the forecast, this is essential. We will double check that everyone has a rain layer prior to the ride.
- Arm and knee warmers- Or jackets and tights if we are experiencing cool weather
- Socks- Lightweight wool are great in the mountains!
- Energy bars or snacks
- Any necessary medications (epipen, inhaler, nitroglycerin)
- Change of clothes for after the ride (if we return to the vehicle)
- Swimsuit (if your guided ride includes a trip to the hot springs)
- $ To Tip Your Guides or Shuttle Driver (10-20% of the trip cost is a great way to say thank you for excellent service)
Experienced riders, come with all your accouterments – helmet, shoes, gloves. If you’re renting a bike from us, all bikes come outfitted with the essential trail-side tools & repair kit, a variety of pedal choices, and helmet.
If you’re not sure what to wear or pack or simply forget something at home, no worries! Our store, Absolute Bikes, is a full-service retail and repair shop that has everything you could possibly want to make your trip more comfortable, safe, enjoyable and yes, even fashionable.