Absolute Youth Cycling programs
A Program of Absolute Bikes Adventures LLC
“2-Wheel Fridays” Fall 2018 Enrichment Program
Registration is full – email James, email@example.com, to get on the waiting list for Fall or on the registration email for Spring session.
- 2-Wheel Fridays bicycling and mountain biking programs provide a safe, supportive atmosphere for elementary and middle school children to learn the lifelong joy and skills of bicycling, while having fun outside with friends.
- Sessions consist of a blend of biking skills, safety, fitness, outdoor exploration, and good, clean fun!
- Depending on age/ability other topics might include: road/traffic/trail etiquette; team work; bicycle maintenance & repairs; nutrition and hydration; first aid; land and trail stewardship; trail use and access issues.
The lowest acceptable skill level is that the child must be comfortable and safe riding his/her bike around town with an adult. This is not a program for children with training wheels.
> Kids will be broken into groups by skill level in accordance with coach/child ratios
- Aug 17 – first class
- Aug 24 – second class
- Aug 31 – no class, Labor Day weekend
- Sept 7 – no class, Labor Day week
- Sept 14 – third class
- Sept 21 – fourth class
- No makeup class
– 3rd-4th grades – 9 to 11am FULL
– 1st-2nd grades – 12 to 2pm FULL
– 5th-8th grades – 2:30 to 5pm FULL
Sept 28 – first class
Oct 5 – second class
Oct 12 – third class
Oct 19 – fourth class
Oct 26 – potential makeup day
– 3-4th grades – 10am to noon FULL
– 5-8th grades – 1pm to 3:30pm FULL
(Only 3-4th and 5-8th grade classes, no 1st-2nd graders.)
Meet behind Absolute Bikes. Riding locations will vary each week, depending on age and skill level.
> Riders may be transported or shuttled via ABA van depending on location/skill/age/etc…
1st/2nd and 3rd/4th groups = $90
5th – 8th group = $110
- Coaching with maximum 5:1 ratio (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) or 7:1 ratio (5th-8th)
- All coaches are CPR and First Aid certified
- Licensed and insured transportation between Absolute Bikes and riding areas, as necessary
- Custom T-shirt and Water bottle
- Loaner helmet, if needed
- Discount on bike rental, if needed. (Regular daily rental fee becomes the weekly rental rate for program participants. And you keep the bike for the duration of the session.)
Registration and Questions:
Please contact Program Director James Haarmeyer to be included on registration-related emails.