Absolute Youth Cycling programs
A Program of Absolute Bikes Adventures LLC
“2-Wheel Fridays” Fall 2017 Enrichment Program
- 2-Wheel Fridays bicycling and mountain biking programs provide a safe, supportive atmosphere for elementary and middle school children to learn the lifelong joy and skills of bicycling, while having fun outside with friends.
- Sessions consist of a blend of biking skills, safety, fitness, outdoor exploration, and good, clean fun!
- Depending on age/ability other topics might include: road/traffic/trail etiquette; team work; bicycle maintenance & repairs; nutrition and hydration; first aid; land and trail stewardship; trail use and access issues.
The lowest acceptable skill level is that the child must be comfortable and safe riding his/her bike around town with an adult. This is not a program for children with training wheels.
> Kids will be broken into groups by skill level in accordance with coach/child ratios
Will be all three age groups.
Dates as follows:
- Aug 18 – first class
- Aug 25 – second class
- Sept 1 – third class
- Sept 8 – Labor Day week, no class
- Sept 15 – fourth class
- Sept 22 – potential makeup day
> 3rd-4th from 9 to 11am
> 1st-2nd from 12 to 2pm
> 5th-8th from 2:30 to 5pm
Only 3-4th and 5-8th grades, no 1st-2nd graders.
Dates as follows:
- Sept 29 – first class
- Oct 6 – second class
- Oct 13 – third class
- Oct 20 – fourth class
- Oct 27 – potential makeup day
> 3-4th grades from 10am to noon
> 5-8th grades from 1pm to 3:30pm
Meet behind Absolute Bikes. Riding locations will vary each week, depending on age and skill level.
> Riders may be transported or shuttled via ABA van depending on location/skill/age/etc…
1st & 2nd and 3rd & 4th groups = $90
5th through 8th group = $110
- Coaching with maximum 5:1 ratio (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) or 7:1 ratio (5th-8th)
- All coaches are CPR and First Aid certified
- Licensed and insured transportation between Absolute Bikes and riding areas, as necessary
- Custom T-shirt and Water bottle
- Loaner helmet, if needed
- Discount on bike rental, if needed. (Regular daily rental fee becomes the weekly rental rate for program participants. And you keep the bike for the duration of the session.)
Registration and Questions:
Please contact Program Director James Haarmeyer to be included on registration-related emails.